#100happydays: 15-21

15.

16.

17.


18.

19.

20.

21.


15. Approaching the one year anniversary of our arrival in America was both exciting and also really inconvenient as we remembered we needed to get American driving licenses. Leaving ourselves no fuck up time we booked tests with very little time to spare. I was exceptionally happy Charlie had passed as the 30 day 'cooling off' period post test failure would have meant me getting up really early to drive him to work in Dartmouth.

16. I wore new shoes to work this day. They were like Tom's but from Target so no children got shoes which I feel quite bad about but Target didn't have Toms and I really liked the ones they had. Anyway, they ripped my feet to shreds which I feel is probably karma's way of saying 'fuck you, you should have bought Toms'. Limping back to the office I saw these doves of peace adorned shoes and thus I was exceptionally happy that they were only $16.

17. Living in a fancy pants apartment complex has it's perks but one of the massive downers is that it can seriously lack personality. It's all very industrial chic which is cool for a couple of months but then you feel a bit like you live in a hotel in a dystopian Orwell type world. This morning the sun was shining as I walked in tot he multi story parking lot and there was tiny birds singing and hopping their way between the pipe holes in the concrete beams- it was beautiful.

18. Charlie mad a mess with talc and then made it all better.

19. Lovely sunny day invited us to walk along the river to explore a bit of Fox Point then wander over to brunch. Discovered an amazing thrift store then ate pancakes.

20. Went to see 'We Will Rock You' at Providence Performing Arts Center. The theatre was beautiful and as it was Easter Sunday we had our tickets upgraded- bonus for living away from family, spend holidays doing stuff that's usually super busy and have the place to your self! Drank wine and ate the best pretzel of my life.

21. Sunny day, wearing new stone wash denim jeans and showing the world by toes.












0 comments:

Post a Comment