#100happydays: 22-31

22.

23.

24.

25.

26.

27.

28.

29.

30.



31.


































22. Though I had been doing really well being super healthy and eating salad and stuff I feel a bit poorly on this day so completely smashed these knots which were basically the best bits of pizza with a lot of garlic butter on them

23. Unfortunately the knots did not fix my sickness (actually made it a whole lot worse I fear) so the only happy thing about this day was that I drank a can of Canada Dry and did not throw it up again. It took an hour but I drank it.

24. Still feeling pretty ropey and becoming increasingly aware of the fact that there is no food in the house, the laundry pile resembles K2 and we generally look like we live like (semi well off) hobos I steeled myself to tackle some chorse. Charlie, however swooped in an was a house husband to rival a hermaphrodite Nigella- venturing alone to the place he fears the most: Stop and Shop.

25. Feeling better and slightly like I had cabin fever we went along to Harry's Bar & Burger on North Main Street for the first time. It was awesome and having just recovered from a tummy bug I decided a really big chocolate milkshake was the order of the day. It made me very happy.

26. Spent the day in the garage of the Westminster Lofts repainting the hashtags on our Cinco De Mayo photo boards for the Block Party. Oh and also because I'M GOING TO BE ON TV!

27. Fantastic pre-work morning meeting at Bolt Coffee with the lovely PVD Hoot team discussing plans for a summer music series downcity. Really exciting project, feel awesome to be a part of it and can't wait to see it come together!

28. Our 1 year Americanniversary. This year has been the hardest, most wonderful, terrible, exciting, stressful and exhilarating year. I did not think I could change so much and did not think that the experience of doing so would be something I hold so valuable. We've met incredible people, we've lost people both here and at home. We've been so unbelievably far away from things and yet right in the middle of where we need to be. 

29. I was on TV today! The Rhode Show, the local lifestyle talk showy bit of the news, did a spot on the Cinco De Mayo Block Party. English girl telling Americans about a Mexican street party. 

30. Meeting friends was one of the toughest parts of moving to America and yet now i've started I don't seem to be able to stop. I hear the same thing every time I meet someone new, how hard it is to crack into the New English cliques. It seems to be a universal truth that, really, everyone wants to meet new people they just don't know how. I met Grace through her blog, Musings from Providence, caught up with her on twitter and we ended up with beers. 

31. We've got the new keys to our apartment! I've mentioned before how my apartment it great but in a hotel sort of a way, comfortable, convenient but lacking a bit of personality. Our new place is old and a bit shabby and needs some paint and some love but I am so excited to finally have the keys and get started on making it our new home.







0 comments:

Post a Comment