Earrings


I found a pair of earrings I absolutely loved but as I am horrible at looking after earrings (take them out, leave them on the sofa arm/bedside table/desk at work and never see them again) I couldn't justify the price of $50+. They are beautiful and if I had bought them I would have looked after them but I also fell in love with the entire range of colours and had totalled a potential bill of over $200 when I decided it was time to leave the store.

Much like the ikea hack I thought I'd just make them myself to get them at a price I can justify leaving them in my car/bottom of my handbag.

Though mine won't be solid silver or Swarovski stones they will still be decent quality silver plated hooks and glass beads so will look fab from any distance I'm happy to have anyone by my ears.

I got my supplies from amazon and even though they came in quantities much larger than I needed they still worked out incredibly cheaply- and mean I have back ups!

Earring hooks x 10 pairs: $2.49 + $2 shipping
Glass beads x 20: $3.25 + $2 shipping

So each pair would be just under a $1.

I've ordered a couple of other colours of the beads so I'll end up will loads left over but I'm sure I'll lose or break a couple here and there (they are glass. Nuff said) or find some other use for them!







0 comments:

Post a Comment